Registration is open now
2021-2022 School Year Camps AKA School Holiday Camps
Emerald City Karate is offering some great camps to help families out with childcare throughout the school year for ECK students and Non-ECK students.
No experience in Martial Arts before? No problem!
Our school year camps are designed to be fun and educational for children at every level of experience from beginners to advanced.
Each camp will feature pulse-pounding Martial Arts Techniques as well as exciting themes from secret agents to ninjas. Each camp will have games, activities, and crafts coordinated to the theme as well as NERF Blaster games, Foam Sword Battles, and opportunities to play at the park.
✔ All camps are for campers ages 6 and Older.
✔ All camps run between 9 AM – 4 PM.
✔ All transportation and field trip fees are included in the price of the camp at no additional cost! (For Mid-Winter Break & Spring Break Camp)
✔ NO Experience Needed! You’ll have a blast even if you’ve never trained a day in the martial arts!
✔ The themed games in every camp teach life skills like Teamwork, Focus, Control, Honesty, and Respect.
✔ Every camp features NERF Blaster excitement in a Safe and Responsible environment. *Participants are required to wear our provided Safety Glasses during these activities.
School Year Camp Date
- Friday, October 8th, 2021 – State-In-Service Day
- Thursday, November 11th, 2021 – Veterans Day
- Monday, January 17th, 2022 – Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- Thursday, January 27th, 2022 – Day between semesters (1 of 3 possible snow make-up days. The camp will be canceled if it becomes a snow make-up day.)
- Monday, February 21st – Friday, February 25th, 2022 – Mid-Winter Break – Week-Long Camp
- Monday, April 11th – Friday, April 15th, 2022 – Spring Break Camp – Week-Long Camp
School Year Camp Fees
|ECK Students||Non-ECK Students|
|Full Day Camp||$75||$95|
|Week Long Camp||$299||$329|
Family Discount: Additional Sibling Discount 10% OFF
You can be confident that we have the right stuff to best serve your family, having successfully facilitated camps all summer under the CDC/State guidelines.
Field Trip Information
We usually take field trips to the Family fun center for our Mid-Winter Break and Spring Break Camps. This year due to Covid 19 we may have to alter our plans for field trips. If a safe family friendly field trip location isn’t available during one of our week long camps we’ll turn the dojo into a family fun center. We successfully did this for Summer Camps this year. Our ‘Dojo Family Fun Center’ features a bouncy house, karaoke machines, bowling, laser tag, theater screen with free popcorn, and video games.
How to Register
Please contact us first to see if there are spaces available.
SIGN UP BY REGISTRATION FORM:
Fill out the registration form and email, mail, or drop it off at Emerald City Karate.
Our email address is email@example.com
Our address is 8314 Greenwood Ave N, Seattle, WA 98103
HOW TO REGISTER ONLINE:
1. Read the rules and details outlined in our Camp Handbook.
Download School Year Camp Handbook
2. Click the button below to choose the camp you would like to attend.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- Two snacks (Morning and Afternoon snacks) We set aside two snack breaks in addition to our lunchtime.
- A Water bottle (Don’t forget this!)
- Hand Sanitizer (We’ll provide this but please bring your own if possible.)
- Face Mask
- Book or other things to focus on during the quiet time that will not distract other campers. No video games or cell phone games, please.
- Play clothes that are appropriate for the weather.
- Backpack to carry all camper belongings
- NERF Blaster (Pistols and Revolvers are recommended as the clip systems tend to jam more often. All blasters should shoot elite-style NERF darts. We have a small number of extra NERF guns at the dojo but campers should be responsible for bringing their own blaster. You can typically get them for $10 or less.) No Darts are needed as we will provide them.
- If your house doesn’t allow them to have a NERF gun, we understand and respect that. Please let us know earlier if your child needs to borrow one from the dojo because we have a limited supply of them.
For communications to campers and staff, parents may call the Emerald City Karate (206) 437-3932.
Payments are refundable if written notice of cancellation is received by Emerald City Karate’s office at least 15 days prior to the start of the session(s) your child was scheduled to attend. No fee reductions will be made for late arrivals or early departures. It is understood that in the case of homesickness, dismissal, or voluntary withdrawal, there is no refund of fees.
“I first started training under Sensei Tobey in 2008. When I first started my training I was a pack a day smoker. I had tried to quit smoking many times but had failed. I promised Sensei I’d quit before my black belt test. I no longer smoke, and I bearticleeve that my training in Shudokan Karate under Sensei Tobey gave me the mental disciparticlene that I needed to quit.”
-Thom E – Adult Karate Program
“My 7-year old son and I have been going to Emerald City Karate for several years now. We have had a great time and always look forward to our family/youth class. As well as teaching about karate and Japanese culture and language, Sensei Tobey provides great lessons on how to work hard and patiently to succeed in anything. It’s also a great way to get mid-week exercise!”
Alan H – Youth & Family Program
“Sensei Tobey is my son’s Karate teacher (we’re in the 4 to 6 year old class). As a teacher of small children, I find him to be a wonderful combination of patience, disciparticlene, and fun. He is very passionate about teaching Karate and it shows. He relates to the kids very well and can teach boys and girls equally, not only the physical skills of Karate but mental focus and articlefe skills as well. It’s been a great experience for my son and I highly recommend Sensei Tobey and Emerald City Karate to anyone looking to enroll their child in a martial arts class. “
Yvette H (Karate Mom)
Before joining Emerald City Karate I had no experience playing sports or participating in exercise programs because I didn’t like physical activities. So I didn’t expect I would be able to keep training for more than a month or so. But I found it to be fun immediately. The karate class has a variety of different subjects that keep students from being bored. Also, Sensei Tobey knows how to encourage students and allows them to have fun while feeling good about themselves. He likes telling jokes and making students laugh but his passion for teaching karate is always distinctive and serious. Because of his encouragement, I have kept training for a long time and even now I am training in Japan! Karate has taught me the joy of exercise and improved my concentration and it continues to teach many students to practice better manners and etiquette.
It is my pleasure to recommend Emerald City Karate for your exercise and experience of the martial arts.
-Kaoru M: Adult Karate Program
“I cannot say enough good things about the programs offered at Emerald City Karate. If you have children, this dojo (school) is a wonderful environment for them to learn traditional Japanese martial arts, self-discipline, and to have a great time!”
-Samantha: Karate mom